Adam Farra represents businesses, governments, institutional investors, and individuals harmed by anti-competitive business practices and fraud. He has litigated cases under the federal securities laws, the federal antitrust laws, the federal anti-racketeering laws (“RICO”), and other federal and state laws. He has experience litigating class actions and individual actions, including “opt-outs.”
Immediately prior to joining Gilbert, Adam litigated corporate fraud and antitrust class actions on behalf of institutional investors at a nationally prominent class action law firm. Before that, he defended corporate clients and directors and officers in securities fraud class actions at a prominent international defense firm.
Adam clerked for Judge Andre M. Davis of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and Judge Peter J. Messitte of the United States District Court for the District of Maryland.
- Represented two public pension funds in a class action against 11 Wall Street banks that are alleged to have colluded with one another to crush competition in the trillion-dollar market for interest rate swaps.
- Represented two hedge funds in a class action against a major accounting firm for its alleged fraud and negligence arising out of one of the largest Ponzi schemes in U.S. history. The case settled for $27.5 million.
- Represented former C-suite officers in their defense of a billion-dollar securities fraud class action following the bankruptcy of an international telecommunications company.
- Represented a national group of 14 law professors serving as amici in a high-profile defamation lawsuit in federal court in Virginia against Alex Jones, his company and YouTube show Infowars, and other defendants.
- Successfully argued before a federal appeals court that federal prison officials violated the Eighth Amendment’s prohibition on cruel and unusual punishment when they denied his client, a former inmate, certain medical care. Scinto v. Stansberry, et al., 841 F.3d 219 (4th Cir. 2016).
- 2011 – J.D., University of Maryland School of Law
- Magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Maryland Law Review
- 2008 – B.A., University of Michigan
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Professional Affiliations and Honors
- Junior Board, Washington Performing Arts
- Adjunct Professor, University of Maryland School of Law