Jasmine Chalashtori joined Gilbert in 2019. She represents individuals and organizations in complex civil litigation, bankruptcies, and alternative dispute resolution proceedings. She also maintains an active pro bono practice, most recently defending Central American refugees seeking asylum in immigration removal proceedings. Prior to joining Gilbert LLP as an associate, Jasmine was a litigation associate at a prominent Northern Virginia law firm.
- Representing Official Committee of Tort Claimants in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings to evaluate, preserve, and recover insurance proceeds for the benefit of personal injury claimants.
- Representing an insured bank in arbitration proceedings to pursue insurance coverage under D&O policy.
- Representing a condominium association in structural defect litigation.
- Representing a member of a closely held company in buyout negotiations.
- Representing a young LGBTQ immigrant from Honduras in asylum proceedings.
- The George Washington University Law School, 2016, with honors
- American Intellectual Property Law Quarterly Law Journal, Executive Notes Editor
- Mock Trial Board, Vice President
- Moot Court Board
- Stetson University, 2012, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- The United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- The United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- The United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- The United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Maryland
Professional Affiliations and Honors
- Executive Board Member, Fairfax Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section
- Executive Board Member, Northern Virginia Women Attorneys Association
- Women’s Bar Association of the District of Columbia