Kristiné’s practice involves representing corporate and individual clients in a wide range of complex commercial litigation matters in both federal and state courts in insurance coverage disputes. During law school, Kristiné worked for a major corporation to develop its political action committee and ensure compliance with state and federal elections laws and Federal Election Commission submissions, and she also conducted a review of international corrupt practices laws for an international membership organization. Kristiné was the Executive Editor of the Journal of International law and two time competitor in The Annual William C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna, Austria.
Prior to attending law school, Kristiné served as political appointee for United States Senator Barbara A. Mikulski (D-MD). Kristiné also worked domestically and internationally to advance the political and economic advancement of women and underserved populations through international development programs, legislative policy platforms, and leadership trainings for an international development firm and a non-profit progressive policy think tank.
- Representing major auto parts manufacturer in complex litigation over insurance coverage for bodily injury claims.
- Representing construction parts manufacturer in complex litigation over insurance coverage for bodily injury claims.
- Representing real estate investment firm in litigation over title insurance coverage.
- Representing non-profit arts organization in litigation with its insurer.
- Representing pro bono client in civil action against a local hospital to recover stolen assets.
- Worked as part of the team that filed an amicus brief in the following cases:
- Brief of the Black Women’s Health Imperative in David A. Zubik, et al. v. Sylvia Burwell, Secretary of Health & Human Services, et al.
- Brief of the National Conference of State Legislatures in Arizona State Legislature v. Arizona Independent Redistricting Commission, et al.
- 2009 – J.D., Michigan State University College of Law
- magna cum laude
- 1997 – B.A., The George Washington University
- District of Columbia
Professional Affiliations and Honors
- Board Chair, The Article 20 Network, 2017 – Present
- Washington Lawyers’ Committee For Civil Rights and Urban Affairs, Associate Trustee, 2013 – Present
- Member, Moot Alumni Association of the of the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot