Heather focuses her practice on insurance recovery for mass tort liabilities in bankruptcy proceedings, state and federal court litigation, and alternative dispute resolution proceedings across the country.
Heather represents policyholders in a wide variety of insurance matters including environmental contamination, toxic tort, and directors and officers coverage disputes. Heather’s practice blends her experience in complex multi-district litigation and alternative dispute resolution with Gilbert’s specialized knowledge and focus on representing policyholders. Heather also regularly advises clients regarding the complex intersection of bankruptcy and insurance recovery, and bankruptcy litigation. Prior to joining Gilbert as an associate in 2015, Heather was an associate with an Am Law 5 firm in Miami, Florida.
- Assisted in securing tens of millions of dollars through settlement with insurance companies for environmental claims.
- Represented target defendant in multi-district litigation and ancillary proceedings involving installation of Chinese drywall product in new home construction throughout Southeastern United States that resulted in tens of thousands of claims in consolidated class actions, CPSC investigation, trials at both the state and federal level, and eventual class settlement on behalf of client.
- Represented global Spanish conglomerate International Chamber of Commerce arbitration arising out of its acquisition of a U.S.-based company and the termination of the target’s senior management.
- Key member of the defense team that represented a global logistics company in the largest ICE raid in history, including ongoing investigation of worksite immigration, compliance, and identity theft issues.
- Represented several foster youth and former foster youth in obtaining benefits allowing them to pursue higher education.
- Secured high-value settlements with various insurance companies on behalf of bankruptcy trust created for the benefit of personal injury claimants.
- 2009 – J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- cum laude
- 2005 – B.A., Ursinus College
- Magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
Professional Affiliations and Honors
- John Edward Smith Child Advocacy Award, 2011 and 2013