Janet Sanchez joined Gilbert in 2020. During law school, Janet worked with Gilbert attorneys on bankruptcy and pro bono matters. She also completed a clinic with DC’s Rising for Justice, during which Janet represented tenants in the Justice Housing Advocacy and Litigation Clinic at the Landlord Tenant Branch of the DC Superior Court.
- Assist in representing a bankruptcy trust in Chapter 11 bankruptcy and adversary proceedings to recover insurance proceeds for the benefit of personal injury claimants.
- Assist in representing a safety equipment manufacturer regarding coverage in bodily injury and property damage claims.
- Assist in securing lawful status in the United States for individuals who fled their country after being persecuted by gangs.
- 2020 – J.D., American University Washington College of Law
- Mock Trial Honor Society
- 2014 – B.S., University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- *Not admitted in DC. Directly supervised by the principals of the Firm.
Professional Affiliations and Honors
- Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, High Honors, 2020