Jason Rubinstein is an experienced litigator who represents clients in commercial disputes. He has represented companies, post-bankruptcy trustees, trustees and individuals in insurance litigation in both state and federal courts and alternative dispute resolution proceedings.
Jason’s practice focuses on complex insurance coverage litigation and consultation. He has experience with various lines of insurance, including general liability, environmental, property, directors and officers liability, errors and omissions, product recall, contaminated products, and automobile liability.
Jason maintains an active pro bono practice at the firm. Pro bono representations have ranged from representing an individual in pursuit of medical insurance coverage for expenses arising from an automobile accident that resulted in catastrophic brain injury to co-authoring an amicus curiae brief to the United States Supreme Court regarding the Fair Housing Act.
- Litigating two lawsuits in state court to recover insurance proceeds for defense and remediation costs arising from alleged contamination at multiple environmental sites.
- Representing a Chapter 7 bankruptcy Trustee in obtaining insurance coverage for the debtor’s pre-bankruptcy liabilities.
- Litigating in state court on behalf of an automotive company to obtain insurance coverage for asbestos-related liabilities.
- Served as strategic and insurance counsel to a large residential property management company regarding defense and settlement of several wrongful death claims and hundreds of bodily injury/property damage claims arising from a catastrophic event.
- Litigated and negotiated for post-bankruptcy trusts to successfully obtain insurance coverage for predecessor companies’ asbestos-related and other liabilities.
- Represented a large industrial equipment manufacturer in pursuing directors and officers coverage for a class action resulting from the purchase of the company.
- Represented a loan servicing company to secure insurance coverage under a directors and officers insurance policy in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- 2006 – J.D., University of Pennsylvania
- 2002 – B.A./B.B.A., University of Michigan, with high distinction
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for Maryland
Professional Affiliations and Honors
- Selected as a Go-To Thought Leader, National Law Review, 2020
- Selected as a Washington, DC Rising Star (Super Lawyers), 2014-2016