John Girgenti is a senior staff attorney specializing in discovery for litigation matters. He joined Gilbert in 2011. Mr. Girgenti practices in the areas of insurance and litigation, focusing his practice on e-discovery, working with other attorneys, litigation support, and outside vendors in order to provide efficient and cost-effective discovery. He regularly supervises teams of attorneys and works extensively with a variety of e-discovery review platforms and analytical tools.
Prior to joining Gilbert LLP, John was an associate in the D.C. office of a large international law firm where his practice included advising clients with regard to intellectual property matters, with a focus on trademark issues and patent litigations. He also advised clients on compliance with, and potential liability under, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and assisted with both internal corporate reviews and government investigations related thereto.
During law school, John spent a year representing defendants in misdemeanor cases in the District of Columbia Superior Court as a member of Georgetown’s Criminal Justice Clinic.
- Assisting a major auto parts manufacturer in complex litigation over insurance coverage for bodily injury claims.
- Assisting an international designer and manufacturer of walls and ceilings in the pursuit of insurance coverage for environmental coverage claims.
- Assisting various States and Native American tribes with lawsuits against pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors with regard to the opioid epidemic.
- Drafting Supreme Court amicus briefs in support of the Affordable Care Act.
- 2001 — J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- 1997 — B.A., University of Virginia
- District of Columbia
- New York
Professional Affiliations and Honors
- DC Pro Bono Honor Roll 2016
- DC Pro Bono High Honor Roll 2014, 2015