Brandon Levey joined Gilbert in 2019. He represents individuals, governments, and organizations in complex civil litigation. Prior to joining Gilbert LLP, Brandon was an associate at a prominent international law firm, working on litigation, antitrust, and sanctions matters. Brandon also maintains an active pro bono practice, most recently assisting juvenile lifers in clemency and pardon proceedings in both Maryland and DC.
- Prosecuting claims against drug manufacturers, distributors, and retailers on behalf of state attorneys general to recover damages caused by the opioid crisis.
- Assisting in securing compensation for individuals who endured torture at the hands of foreign governments.
- Representing incarcerated individuals in juvenile resentencing proceedings and compassionate release proceedings in D.C. Superior Court, as well as in parole hearings before the United States Parole Commission.
- Representing a nationally prominent contractor in litigation stemming from a large construction project.
- Securing insurance coverage for personal injury claimants following bankruptcies and other restructurings.
- Assisted in securing millions of dollars through settlement with insurance companies for environmental claims.
- Harvard Law School, 2017
- Journal on Legislation
- Harvard Law ACLU, President
- Harvard Law Democrats, Communications Director
- University of Maryland, College Park, 2012, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
Professional Affiliations and Honors
- DC Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll, 2017-2019 (high honors, 2018 and 2019)
- Legal Aid Society, Pro Bono Publico Award, 2018